|Becoming a USSF Certified Referee
2016 Instructions for creating user account at ohnreferees.gameofficials.net
- Ohio North State Referee Committee contracts with GameOfficials.net to provide referee registration, clinic registration, online training and testing.
- All new and current referees must first complete the online material and pass an online exam. Upon completion you receie a grade/age access code to sign up for an in-person clinic.
- There are no minimum age requirements to become a referee. Many leagues may require a referee to be older than the players that they are officiating. Parents are advised to assess the maturity level of their child prior to permitting them to take the new referee course.
- If your birthdate is on or before August 31, 1996 you will be required to complete a Risk Management application. This is a real time application process and you may get your approval instantly. If you do get an approval, proceed to the next step. If you are marked pending, you will not be permitted to register for a class. Check back to see when you are approved. If you are marked as pending then you will have to stop for now. Once you are approved you may proceed to the next step.
- Local Clinic Fees – If the sponsoring organization will be charging any local clinic fees, the amount will be listed under the course description. This fee, if any, must be paid by cash or check to the sponsoring organization at the clinic.
New (novice) referee clinics
Register for Online Course 18664-17NWR in GameOfficial.net and then choose from any of the in-person clinics found at the link below.